Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Bones: The Mastodon In the Room

Daisy (Carla Gallo) and Bones (Emily Deschanel)
While waiting for election results, I felt like watching something that wouldn't require my full attention. I decided to dip into Season 6 of Bones and watch the episode, The Mastodon in the Room. Despite the show being about about a bunch of science nerds using their brains to solve crime, I don't find it too intellectual. It's escapism to me. Emily Deschanel's portrayal of Bones is hilarious. I love her bluntness and complete social awkwardness. Oh, and she's a babe, of course. They rarely play up her sexiness, but it is definitely there. Same goes for Cam (Tamara Taylor).
Carla Gall as Daisy
This episode was the season six premiere. In it, the gang comes back from wherever they were (India, Afghanistan, France, etc) to help save Cam's job. Dr. Sweets breaks up with Daisy, then they get back together. Booth has a new woman, so the Bones/Booth romance is off (for now). They solve the case, everyone gets their job back, and Angela and Hodgins find out they are having a baby. It all worked out, just like it always does.
Emily Deschanel dreams of me...

No comments: